Thursday, 9 October 2014
60 Quirky Court Card Questions
The Court cards can be slippery little suckers, that's for sure. I'm planning one or two juicy inspiration-packed videos this month to help us explore them in more depth and get a little more comfortable with their presence in spreads. But for now, I'd like to offer some amusing journal prompts/brain candy questions to help you add a little flavour to your studies. I invite you to use these ideas to kindle the creative spark and bond with the sixteen awkward figures who so love to perplex and confuzzle you!
1. You ask each of the Kings for advice about leaving your boring desk job to pursue your true passion of being a tightrope walker. What kind of guidance do each of them provide on this issue?
2. The Queens are holding a book club. Which book does each of them suggest reading?
3. Choose a song to represent each figure in the Court and give your reasons.
4. How does the Queen of Pentacles unwind after a difficult day?
5. You've been arrested after a drunken night out. You have one phone call. Which member of the Court do you call and why?
6. Which member of the Court probably shares most of your political views?
7. What is the Knight of Wands' favourite quote?
8. Which member of the Court tends to sleep through the alarm?
9. Which member of the Court can solve a Rubik's cube in under five minutes?
10. What would the Queen of Cups' perfect weekend break be?
11. Which member of Court rips up the dance floor at parties?
12. The Queen of Swords is redecorating her home. What kind of style does she choose?
13. The Page of Pentacles has a surpising secret hobby - what is it?
14. What is the Queen of Wands' favourite time of year?
15. The Knight of Pentacles is hosting a dinner party. What is the dress code?
16. Would the Knight of Swords describe himself as 'romantic'?
17. The Page of Cups is writing a book about successful business networking. What is the title?
18. Which member of the Court can meditate for the longest?
19. What is the Knight of Swords' favourite animal?
20. The King of Cups is writing a book about how to have a successful romantic relationship. What is the title?
21. Which member of the Court is the least likely to get involved in drama?
22. Which member of the Court is the biggest 'clock watcher'?
23. The Knight of Cups is writing a blog. What is it about and what's the title?
24. Which member of the Court is the biggest history buff?
25. Which member of the Court is the biggest science nerd?
26. The Page of Wands is having a creative block. Which member of the Court does he call for advice and what do they say?
27. What irritates the King of Swords more than anything else?
28. Which member of the Court is known as the 'psychologist' of the group?
29. Which members of the Court tend to bicker the most and why?
30. Which member of the Court does the Knight of Wands admire most?
31. The Queen of Cups needs to solve a crime mystery. Which member of the Court does she choose as her sidekick and why?
32. Which member of the Court is a bit of a sore loser?
33. Which members of the Court are particularly good in a crisis?
34. Which member of the Court makes killer cocktails?
35. Would the King of Pentacles describe himself as 'fun-loving'?
36. The King and Queen of Pentacles are arguing about money. What's the general gist of the conversation? (And who wins?)
37. You've got four tickets to a day at the theme park. Which three Court members do you take with you and why?
38. Which member of the Court takes the most selfies?
39. Which member of the Court has never taken a selfie?
40. Would the Queen of Wands describe herself as 'sentimental'?
41. The Knights and the Queens are competing in a Chess tournament. Which group wins and why?
42. Which members of the Court do the most household chores?
43. Choose a movie to represent each member of the Court and give your reasons.
44. Would the Page of Swords describe himself as 'secretive'?
45. You have a problem with your computer. Which member of the Court do you call for help?
46. 'A logical decision is always the best, even if it hurts someone's feelings.' Which member of the Court is most likely to say this?
47. Which member of the Court requires the most 'alone time'?
48. Would the Page of Pentacles describe himself as 'spontaneous'?
49. The Queens are trying to decide how to spend a Saturday night. What are their ideas?
50. Which member of the Court is the biggest perfectionist?
51. Which member of the Court is likely to have lucid dreams?
52. 'I find it easier to notice factual discrepancies than underlying patterns.' Which member of the Court is most likely to say this?
53. Would the King of Swords describe himself as 'reserved'?
54. You ask each member of the Court what their favourite Major Arcana card is and why. What are their answers?
55. 'Sometimes it's necessary to break the rules in order to get great results.' Which member of the Court is most likely to say this?
56. Which member of the Court speaks more than two languages?
57. It's Christmas. What does each member of the Court give you as a gift?
58. What would the King of Pentacles rather pay someone to do than do himself?
59. Which members of the Court find it difficult to trust people and which are the most trusting?
60. You've got to live one whole day as a member of the Court - which one do you want to be and why?